Day 3 of the "Nome Adventure" saw a slower pace.
At the end of the day several of us headed out on the road towards Teller,
until we encountered the below sign.
After driving out as far as the road would take us we decided to enjoy the scenery by hiking.
We were rewarded by an amazing sunset.
Once home I crawled into bed early as I've been fighting quite the cold. But awaking this morning I learned my younger brother took the snow machine to Safety last night to camp out, the final check in point before the mushers come into Nome. Hearing the stories this morning, a part of me wishes I'd gone along, but then again I know my limits! He saw wind chill temperatures of -48.5, but on the positive side he got to see a magnificent display of northern lights. If I get pictures I'll share!
And today...by the close of the day we should be welcoming Travis into Nome.