This was certainly a quick little update. And unfortunately I dove into it before stopping to snap a few before photos! What? Did I momentarily forget I write a blog and must photograph every step of EVERYTHING?
But I did get photos of the first color I painted the room, Charisma. Then came the bathroom boycott, which resulted in my pulling out a leftover can of Quietude from the garage for a quick redo. Fortunately calm returned to the household immediately afterwards.
The Details: Max still has a hard time reaching smaller towels hung from the bar. I often step into the room only to find the hand towels on the floor or soaking wet in the sink. Hopefully the longer bath towel will prevent this from happening for now...or perhaps I'll simply find this bigger towel sopping wet in the sink? (He loves to fill the sink with water and play with his Lego's here, if you're wondering why there is such an issue with wet towels!) We'll see if this tactic works.
Also, I would LOVE to bring in this Eric Cohler fixture. The redo has totaled under $70 to date, so perhaps I'll decide to splurge. The space above the mirror could certainly handle this larger (and fabulous) fixture.
And what's this?
If your house is anything like mine, you probably hear this a lot as well:
"Mom, there's NO TOILET PAPER!"
The expectation is I'm supposed to drop anything and everything to come running with another roll.
This little beauty was found at Crate & Barrel, on sale for $14.99.
A new soap dispenser...
...and waste basket, from HomeGoods. What a great resource for accessories!
Finally, the wash treatment was just a little messy; I did say it left a few splatters of paint on the ceiling.
Here's the evidence. I've decided not to touch up the paint on the ceiling, or even run the new paint color up to the ceiling in all the spots, because I want motivation to add cove crown molding! This is my favorite style of molding, simple and classic.
I did a little google search and according to ask.com:
"Installing cove molding is not hard at all. Starting at a corner of the room, measure to the next corner and cut the molding to that length. Using a caulk gun and molding adhesive, place two strips of adhesive on the back of the molding. Gently lift the molding into place and press hard. Continue on around the room."
This encourages me I may be able to handle such a project. At some point during the summer I'll be testing this claim!