Monday, April 13, 2009
Kitchen & Family Room Redesign...Almost Done!
The plan was to make a few pillows, in a spring color, for the new sofas. Then I found these linen pillows at Pottery Barn, in exactly the color I had in mind, for about the same price as they would have cost to make. So I snatched up a few. I do, however, have this habit of wanting to reinvent things. These pillows ended up being no exception.
It started with their existing faux-horn buttons...wasn't thrilled with them but decided to just turn this side of the pillow towards the back of the sofa. Then I remembered a bin of buttons left over from a collection of tailored jackets I designed quite a few years ago. In the bin were these wonderful rose and leaf buttons (more like jewelry than buttons!) and I used them to replace the originals.
Nice improvement. Then I woke up this morning with the idea of sewing a band of fabric (Thomas Paul) to wrap a couple of the pillows, for a bit more color and interest. This project required less than a yard of leftover fabric...these 'wraps' can be removed or switched with another fabric for a quick change of scenery.
The new Lisbon sofas are being delivered tomorrow and with them comes the completion of this project! Finally I can post photos of the finished rooms...and then I plan to sit back and relax while enjoying a nice glass of wine!